Industrial Museum
The Industrial Museum and Documentation Centre were created by QUIMIPARQUE (now Baía do Tejo, SA) to leave a future historical legacy of one of 20th-century Europe's most important chemical industrial complexes.

These spaces house a diverse collection of industrial equipment and a considerable iconographic archive representing areas such as chemistry, textiles, metalworking, power production and others.

The Industrial Museum is located in the former Diesel Centre, a building whose size and architectural features are suited to its purpose, dating from 1935 and overhauled beginning in 1999.

The Documentation Centre occupies the first floor of the addition subsequently built to the east of the museum.

The Industrial Museum and Documentation Centre officially opened on 20 December 2004 and 20 December 2005, respectively, on QUIMIPARQUE's 15th and 16th anniversaries.
Alfredo da Silva House Museum
This home, marked by the memory of the founder of the CUF corporation, was enriched in the 1990s under the auspices of QUIMIPARQUE, thanks to the transfer of the collection from Sol Factory in Alcântara, Lisbon.

The building began operating in 1907 as CUF's main office, with the first floor used by Alfredo da Silva when he went to Barreiro.

In the 1960s, the office was converted into a reception room, later housing the model of the Barreiro industrial complex which would become the cornerstone of CUF's 100-year commemorative exhibit at the FIL exhibition centre (1965). The first floor was then undergoing remodelling and restoration.
Alfredo da Silva House Mausoleum
The mortal remains of Alfredo da Silva (1871-1942) rest in a mausoleum built by his family in the old Barreiro cemetery, once located near CUF's factories.

This imposing granite funerary monument is 12 metres wide and 7 metres high, built on a circular crepidoma with a truncated pyramid at its centre supporting a symbolic sarcophagus. The project was designed by architect Luís Cristino da Silva, with bas-reliefs by sculptor Leopoldo de Almeida.

In 1963, the Barreiro City Council built a new cemetery and relocated the old one. Only the mausoleum remained here, incorporated into an architectural project in 1971, which was further enhanced with a large green area in 1990.
Bairro Operário